- Wind Sprint 43: Walking and Jogging Hills for Endurance and Strength
- Wind Sprint 42: Dressing for Outdoor Exercise
- Wind Sprint 41: Protecting Your Skin with Sun Screen
- CF Wind Sprint 37: Full Body Exercises to Do Outdoors
- CF Wind Sprint 36: Upper Body Exercises to Do Outdoors
- Wind Sprint 7: Using an Oxygen Tank While Exercising
- Wind Sprint 6: Using a Percussor for Airway Clearance
Wind Sprint 21: Exercising with Kettlebells
Episode 21 of the Cystic Fibrosis Wind Sprint series demonstrates a series of exercises that can be done using kettlebells.
Kettlebells are equipment that can be used at home or at a gym. Unlike traditional dumbbells, the kettlebell's center of mass is extended beyond the hand, which facilitates ballistic and swinging movements. By their nature, typical kettlebell exercises build strength and endurance, particularly in the lower back, legs, and shoulders, and increase grip strength. The basic movements, such as the swing, snatch, and the clean and jerk, engage the entire body at once.
In this episode, CF Wind Spring host Jerry Cahill takes viewers through a series of exercises that include the giant swing, the side swing, the overhead pull and the curl. He reminds viewers to concentrate on their breathing while doing these exercises, and to take their time.
This CF Wind Sprint is made possible by an unrestricted educational grant from Genentech to the Boomer Esiason Foundation.